Oh look – a listicle. List article. List. Whatever you want to call it. Similar in design to many of those non-news stories which may pop up on your Facebook homepage if you’re unfortunate enough to use the slightly soul-destroying social media site. (I haven’t managed to delete mine yet (if that’s even technically possible), but I have used it less over the last while, so that’s a start.)
So… Here’s a super informative list of what happens (in my experience) if you don’t have internet for over two whole days. Obviously, being a listicle, this contains unique and very wise insider knowledge that you just could not function or survive without:
1. You socialise.
2. You make friends.
3. You exercise. (I actually went for a run. And it wasn’t even to a wifi hotspot.)
4. You go exploring (especially if you’ve just moved to a new area, like I have, and need to find your way around).
5. You go shopping. (Proper, real life shopping, not online shopping.)
6. You get enough sleep.
7. You get into a good sleeping pattern.
8. You meet up with people when you say you were going to meet up with them because you can’t contact them to say you might be late (taking a fully functioning phone out of the question because I’m abroad and haven’t got a sim card that works here yet).
9. You go outside.
10. You tidy, and in my case, unpack (in reverse order).
11. You clean.
What?! You do actual things?!? Talk to actual people?!?! Madness!!